Last updated: 1 July 2022
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified or reasonably identifiable individual, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not the information is recorded in a material form.
Types of personal information we collect and hold
We collect and hold personal information about individuals for the provision of our goods and services and purposes connected to those goods and services.
Consistent with the provision of our goods and services, the types of personal information we may collect, and hold, includes the following.
- Identity and contact details – including individuals’ full name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address and other identifying and contact information.
- Payment details– if individuals purchase goods and/or services from us, personal information that may be connected to your payment card details (please note, however, that payment transactions are processed by a third party payments processor, so we will not retain any payment card details).
- Account data – if individuals create an account with us, profile information, email address, preference data, and related information.
- Other information– text of written and oral communications gathered during our interaction with you, including where you post or comment within our platforms and/or otherwise interact on live-chat, social media and emails, including feedback and online reviews and other information from your interactions with us online, including cookie information, IP address, URL’s, search histories and other associated information.
How we collect and hold personal information
We may collect personal information directly from you while providing our goods and services, from our applications, websites, and other online platforms, including using cookies (data files placed on your device or computer). From time to time, we may also collect information about you indirectly, including through third parties that promote and/or sell our goods including our retailers.
Personal information is held securely, is subject to various security protections and is held only for as long as the information remains relevant to the purpose for which it was collected.
Purposes for which we hold, use and disclose personal information
We will not use or disclose personal information for any secondary purpose, unless that secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose for which we have collected that information, and you would reasonably expect the disclosure in the circumstances, or unless you consent to that use or disclosure.
If your personal information is not collected by us, we may not be able to provide our goods and services to you.
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose information may include:
- conducting our business, which includes providing our goods and services to you;
- communicate information about our goods and services or third party products or services that may be of interest to you;
- provide you with information or advertising relating to our goods or services (including serving and targeting advertisements) or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you;
- to improve and optimise our goods, services and platforms;
- for our internal administrative, research, planning, marketing and product development purposes; and
- to comply with legal obligations.
We may also disclose personal information to our affiliates and related bodies corporate and to other third party partners, organisations, and service providers, including:
- Shopify Inc. which hosts our online stores;
- customer relationship management platform and service providers; and
- other technology, digital and marketing service providers such as Amazon, Facebook, Google, and TikTok.
for their use for the same purposes and purposes in connection with the provision of our goods and services.
We may, in the course of providing goods and services, disclose personal information to overseas entities, including by utilising overseas data servers to process information, including in the United States, the UK, the EU and the APAC region. For example, in order to provide you our goods and services via our websites, we disclose your personal information to Shopify Inc, which has servers in the United States.
Third party links
Our websites may contain links to other websites from time to time. Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, the content or practices of these other websites. Our provision of any third-party links does not constitute our endorsement of these other websites, their content, their owners, or their practices. This policy does not apply to any third-party websites, which are subject to any privacy and other policies they may have.
Retention, access and correction
We will only retain records of your personal information to the extent they are still necessary for the purposes for which such personal information was collected.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure any personal data we collect, use or disclose is up to date and accurate. If you believe personal information that we hold about you is not up to date or accurate, you may ask us to correct it.
You may ask us to provide you with details of the personal information we hold about you, and copies of that information. We will respond to your request and attempt to provide you with the data within 30 days of receipt of your request.
If we provide you with copies of the information you have requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of providing you with that information (to the extent permitted by law).
Please direct all request for access and correction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you consider a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) has occurred, you may direct your query to our Privacy Officer using the details set out below and we will attempt to resolve your complaint.
If you do not consider our response satisfactory, you may contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner at its website www.oaic.giv.au or by telephone on 1300 363 992.